Media, Social Media + Entertainment Lawyers
Skilled legal advice in media & entertainment law
We have had extensive experience acting for clients in the Media and Entertainment sectors and our lawyers understand the nuances of dealing with the legal challenges and issues that may arise in this unique area of practice.
As defamation lawyers we have advised clients in relation to their rights under the law of defamation and have appeared in the Supreme Court of Victoria in a number of defamation matters.
With the rise of social media defamation claims, it is important to have the right advice about commentary on social media platforms relating to individuals and companies. There is a real growth in this area of the law where digital marketing strategies and personal social media posts can lead to rash or inappropriate responses, misunderstandings or fallacious replies.
Our entertainment lawyers provide expert advice and assistance in a range of areas including:
- Commercial Theatre Productions
- Financing & Partnership Agreements
- Live Entertainment Projects
- Producer, Director & Writer Agreements
- Visual Artist Agreements
- Content creators for digital media
- Defamation and privacy rights including TV productions, on-line media, social media & print media
- Film Agreements including financing and distribution
- Breach of Copyright
- Copyright advice for Youtube clips, short-films and feature films
- Software licensing agreements
- Website agreements
- Privacy statements & commercial arrangements
- Terms and Conditions for websites
- Appearance releases and waivers in the Film, TV and Events industries
- Writer's and Director's agreements
- Investment agreements & financing arrangements